After a racy Tabitha and Napoleon choreographed group dance, Nigel made an opening statement honoring three celebrities who died this week – two of them just today – Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson. It was especially appropriate to take a moment to remember Jackson’s contributions to the world of dance. Maybe next week’s group dance should be a Michael Jackson tribute – that would be fun and appropriate.
The Bottom Three Couples
- Asuka and Vitolio
- Karla and Jonathan
- Caitlin and Jason
My reaction: These are the three couples I predicted would be in the bottom three, so I have no complaints or disappointment. I hope that Vitolio and Jason impress the judges with their solos (leaving Jonathan to go home), but I honestly don’t care much for any of the girls.
- Asuka – “Don’t Trust Me” by 30H!3 – Her solo had more energy this time than her previous one, but it’s hard to do an impressive ballroom solo.
- Vitolio – “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay – I like his leaping abilities, his twirling, his tribal energy, but then his solo had a certain desperate quality about it. Hmm…
- Karla – “15 Step” by Radiohead – Speaking of tribal, Karla’s solo had a jungle girl vibe going on. I’m not sure what to think about it.
- Jonathan – “The Hunted” by Kodo – More tribal music. I’m sensing a pattern. But his choregraphy didn’t fit the music at all. It was very disjointed.
- Caitlin – “Que Sera Sera” by Jennifer Terran – In my opinion, she has more talent than Karla and Asuka, but her solo still didn’t have a lot of gusto.
- Jason – “New American Classic” by Taking Back Sunday – I enjoy his solos. He uses the stage well and has interesting movements.
My Prediction: Before tonight, I had picked Jonathan and Karla to go home. That would still be my preference, but it’s a toss up as to whether the judges will send Asuka or Karla home. However, I feel pretty confident that they will send Jonathan home.
Who The Judges Sent Home:
I’m okay with this result. Maybe Vitolio and Karla will both benefit from having a new partner next week. I’m still really liking Ade and Melissa, and Evan and Randi. Who are your favorites?